[PD] pd-double and libraries

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 16:44:36 CET 2014

Oops, it seems the pd-double genie popped out of it's bottle. I'm
sorry to say, but there is no such list of libraries to use with
pd-double. There's a lot of issues with this project:

1 - pd-double currently lives as an unmaintained fork of vanilla pd 0.43

2 - pd-double works for OSX and Linux but not yet for Windows

3 - original authors of pd-extended libs have little interest in
making their libs ready for double precision

4 - many libs in pd-extended are not maintained by their original authors at all

5 - I don't like to poke in other people's libs unless I fully
understand the code

In short, the pd-double project is in coma because it was too
ambitious for the available workforce. If it is to be reanimated, it
would be better to develop a set of patch files for pd core and test
extensively on all platforms where pd can run, before touching on
externals.

Katja