[PD] jack and callbacks

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 4 04:12:23 CET 2014

The "callback" flag instructs the Pd scheduler to run within callbacks
from the audio system; otherwise the audio system might still be opened
in callback mode (in portaudio or jack) or not (in alsa or mmio) but if
yes, the scheduler and the callback routine communicate via FIFOs... I chose
whichever seemed to allow the lowest latency, which depends on the system.

cheers