[PD] Get name of patch from within the patch

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 21:01:38 CET 2014

On 03/04/2014 01:15 PM, Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> ...and [patch_name] external (again pd-l2ork only) that outputs the
> filepath out of the left outlet and the patch filename out of the
> right outlet.

There's also

[patchname $1(

[duplicate_effort]

Just fill $1 with the name of the object you want to create, and
[duplicate_effort] will automatically compile another class with that
name and with the functionality you want.

Currently [duplicate_effort] supports the following methods:

patchname
dollarargs
abs~
pow~
bandlimited_grabbag
arraysize
mousecoords
count
string
duplicate_effort

Each class created is guaranteed to be unique so you can use it to
create private keys.  You can also give it an extra float argument to
specify help patch quality.  (All values default to zero.)

To download a copy, start a repo in github and code up another version
of it.

-Jonathan