[PD] Data structures and click event

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 19:34:45 CET 2014

On 03/05/2014 05:24 AM, Pierre Massat wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> First of all i'd like to say that i'm very impressed by the potential
> of data structures in Pd. I've always kind of ignored this feature and
> it's a pity because it's really worth diving into it.
> That being said I think that help and example patches are far from
> sufficient for beginners, and if it wasn't for Chris McCormick's
> s-abstractions I would have been able to really figure out how to use
> them (stuff like how to make an entire polygon draggable, how to use
> GOP with proper scaling, etc.).

It's not just the documentation, it's the interface.  Having to walk
linked-lists of graphically unlinked objects is bad.  Having to use
boilerplate to find the head of a glist just to create a scalar is bad.

I think Pd-l2ork is getting close to a release with my new data
structure stuff in it.  It's a first step at addressing some of these
issues.

-Jonathan