[PD] Peak Level detect in Vanilla

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 21:36:31 CET 2014

On Son, 2014-03-09 at 12:23 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> As far as Vanilla goes it does seem like a great solution. Thanks a
> lot for that, seems to do the trick!
>

> But was really hoping for or even asking for a [peakenv~] like
> object.

Why does it have to be an extra class and why not an abstraction? I
consider abstractions more accessible as you can adapt them on the fly.
Personally, I'd prefer abstractions (where the performance penalty isn't
too huge).

Yo, I attached an abstraction that extracts both, rms and peak level
from the incoming signal. The peak output tries to emulate the behavior
of VU meters of analogue mixing desks that have some kind of a fall back
delay.

Roman