[PD] 100k lines of code (was libpd separating gui from core)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:46:07 CET 2014

Heaven forbid we add the 50 odd lines of totally manageable code in getdir.c that have largely been working since it was released in 2005. Nobody needs to get the current canvas dir, except for the recurring request for exactly this every 6 months or so on pd-list!

With that argument, the iemguis would be "badly spent lines of code". After all we don't *need* them to use pd ...

On Mar 10, 2014, at 7:00 AM, pd-list-request at iem.at wrote:

> On 2014-03-09 14:29, me.grimm wrote:
>> Hi Miller,
>>
>> I know you probably have more pressing problems but it would be
>> nice to get something like [getdir] in vanilla before you hit those
>> 100k lines of code OR 50 years are up :)
>
> that's probably badly spent lines of code.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika
danomatika.com