[PD] change array graph size

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 10 23:29:02 CET 2014

>> I wanted to change the graph canvas of an array, but I can't find the
>> way of doing it. If I have an array called "array1", to where should I
>> send a coords message? Does it work like a normal GOP?
>
> The graph is named "graph$n", where $n is incremented for each graph
> that exists in the Pd instance.  So you'd send to "pd-graph$n" in order
> to do that.

It didn't really work: I kept going from pd-graph0 until 21 (there are
only 3 graphs in the file), and didn't see that one changing. But I did
see the other 2 being changed. These 2 are in the main patch, and the one
I wanted to edit is in an abstraction - but that shouldn't make a
difference?
Anyway, I think it won't be enough: the abstraction where this would be
useful is created and deleted dynamically, so it would be a bit of a pain
to keep the number of created instances.

> In Pd-l2ork you just move the mouse down to the bottom-right corner of
> the "Put" menu array, and you get a cursor that lets you click-drag the
> graph to change its size.

That's nice. But it wouldn't work as well, as I'm trying to make the
abstraction appear in a different way depending on a parameter condition.
Works for everything else, besides the audio display. I guess?

If my ubuntu starts to get stable again I might try pdl2ork one of these
days.

Joao