[PD] Peak Level detect in Vanilla

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:40:47 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 21:31 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> > What is the difference between using
> > an abstraction or a compiled class?
>
> well, I assume they can be more efficient, but my only point here is
> what I said already and that you agree with - peak level should be
> available, seems like lots of trouble to need to make an abstraction
> for it.

So, basically you are saying it is less trouble to make an external than
an abstraction? The fact that neither I nor you made an external
indicates otherwise.

>  I know there's an external around,

I give you an abstraction and you say you're still looking for the
external? Why are abstractions second class citizens in your opinion?

> but I mean it deserves to be in vanilla.

Agreed, but I still have difficulties in understanding why you
desperately need it to be a compiled class (I am certainly not against
it, though).

Roman