[PD] Tcl invalid command with [TuioClient] and Pd-extended 0.43.4

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 18:23:17 CET 2014

On 03/11/2014 12:29 PM, Jack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need help to understand this problem (see below) and solve it.
> It seems to work fine with Pd-Ext 0.42.5 (but not with Pd-Ext 0.43.4).

That leads me to believe it has something to do with the GUI rewrite,
which happened between 0.42 and 0.43.

Here's the relevant code-- line 90 in source/TUIO/TuioClient.cpp

         if (socket!=NULL) {
                 if (!socket->IsBound()) {
                         delete socket;
                         socket = NULL;
                 } else std::cout << "listening to TUIO messages on UDP
port " << port << std::endl;
         }

***

Somehow std::cout must be printing to the console in 0.42 and sending to
the gui (i.e., tcl) in 0.43.

If you send a GUI message to tcl it interprets the first word as a
command.  That's why you get the error below.

I don't know enough about c++ to give you a fix, but I'm sure someone
else on the list does.

Btw the relevant code is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactivision/files/TUIO%201.0/TUIO-Clients%201.4/TUIO_PureData-1.4.zip/download?use_mirror=tenet&download=

Then unzip the nested source.zip.