[PD] Sigmund~ parameters

Benoît Fortier benoitfortier at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 12 20:42:43 CET 2014

Dear list,

I've been working on a patch for quite a few months now which involves pitch tracking. I've explored many possible solutions, considering the pros and cons of every approach, made different tests, etc. I've also done a lot of reading (help files, forums, etc), but I couldn't find satisfying answers to all my questions. I am now in front of 4 or 5 different approach, each of which requires to do a certain number of compromise at different level. My feeling is that I am now at the point where I could possibly eliminate some of those compromise with your help.

I have a lot of questions, but I'll start with one regarding Sigmund's notes parameters. I've done a lot of tests, changing one parameter at a time. I found that only the stable time and vibrato parameters seems to be affecting the output the way it should. The other parameters - growth and minpower - doesn't seem to be working the way it's described in the help file. Am I the only person who noticed that? When I looked in the list archives, I found someone else mentioning this issue but nobody replied (and i lost the link to the thread).

I'm using my patch to track the pitch of a violin. What I'm trying to do is to convert the pitch of the violon into the most accurate "note on" message possible (with midi note and velocity). I need this patch to be as responsive as possible but also with as few insignificant output as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Benoît Fortier
581 995-5622