[PD] Data structures and click event

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:57:45 CET 2014

re: 'slow ass coders' usually takes me 15 years to get anything done, the
things that are taking longer than 15 years will probably be wonderful.  I
will link  to you something that will make you change your mind about
'being years behind everything else'  3:33:28 seconds of some
/pd-0.45-4/bin$ ./pd

the pdBerlin has some nice examples of using Chris Mccormick's lfo
datastructure editor, I was weary of it before along with some GOP scaling
stuff, but think I might give it a try. something is weird with this new
(old junk keyboard, whenever I hold down more than 2 or 3 keys too fast ,
jack is glitching like the mouse dropouts. I am used to it by now and not
one bit of that dreaded static makes it inside the wave file.

I feel like I have crossed a hurdle yesterday #1 loadable filename list for
scrolling through presets instead of searching with the dialog[ cant that
dialog be used as a directory tool? I mean it allready does what everyone
want's a directory listing to do, splits up the file name from the patch,
etc...  just make it an atom.

#2 I somehow miraculously figured out how to count up a binary sequence
like that is the oputput of the euclidian function for slick beats [1 0 1 0
1 1 0(  and convert it to something that can be used as a mode for scales
[2 2 1 2( my method does not yet work for sequencs that start with 0
-rotations but that doesen't bother me one bit.  I ould have done it so
easy with c, assembly language or even machine code but doing that
graphically had my panties in a wad.
A quotation by Hermann von Helmholtz
Whoever in the pursuit of science, seeks after immediate practical utility
may rest assured that he seeks in vain.
Academic Discourse (Heidelberg 1862)

JOC/EFR February 2006

The URL of this page is: