[PD] HD 1920 X 1080

Fri Mar 14 14:58:40 CET 2014

I want to play from start to finish.

I have in my Final Cut Pro the choice of producing a file with the
following codecs

Quicktime movie Format Size 1980 X 1080
MPEG4 Format Size 1980 X 1080
H.264 for apple devices Format size 1280 X 720 (.m4v)

What codec works best with format size 1920 X1080? One of these or is there
another one more suitable.

 [pix_film] was able to open the .m4v (H.264 for apple devices Format size
1280 X 720) but when the video plays it stutters.

What causes this? The codec or [pix_film] or my cpu's capacity?

I'm running a mac pro with 2 x 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon and 6GB of RAM.