[PD] Rewriting a unified phasor / metro object for reading tables

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:47:18 CET 2014

On Sam, 2014-03-15 at 09:43 -0400, me.grimm wrote:

> I noticed though, is there a reason why it works on 0.45.3 and not
> 0.43.4-extended?

Oh, yes. You're right. I got confused, because the equation to determine
the current intra-step position for [vmetro] (now [rh_metro]) was
assuming Hz and s, but most Pd classes expect ms. That is why I used a
new feature introduced in 0.45 that lets you define your own timing unit
for most timing related classes. I forget to reverse that when it
finally worked.

I worked some more on [rh_metro], fixed some bugs (re-entrency did cause
Pd to hang) and put it on github.com. You'll find a slightly updated
[rh_phasor~ ], which still uses [rh_metro] internally, here:

https://github.com/reduzent/netpd2-patches

Enjoy!
Roman