[PD] log function in slider

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 08:15:54 CET 2014

On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 18:59 -0400, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> On 03/17/2014 04:34 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> > On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 02:21 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> >> Hi Roman. This is turning out trickier than I thought.
> > I think I understand now what you are trying to achieve (sorry, took me
> > a long time). But I don't really have a clue how to do it. The
> > abstraction I posted emulates the output of a logarithmic slider, but
> > you're looking for the function to feed a linear slider so that it
> > behaves as if it would be a logarithmic slider, right?
> >
> > I'm interested to see, if someone comes up with a solution...
>
> This is from Pd-l2ork, so the codebase might be slightly different.

It looks pretty good on Pd vanilla, too.

> Also, notice I've got hard-coded slider height = 128 in the algo.
>
> Still don't understand why math is done in vslider_bang.

But that's how you did it? The code in your patch is based on the code
from vslider_bang? I don't understand it at all, but it works :-)

And you're asking, why go all through the trouble to get back the input
value instead of just spitting out the input value? Not a clue (someone
wanted to show off their math skills?)

"Hehe, look, I can do it this way, but look now, I can also do it this
way .. hehe .. pretty cool, uuh?" ;-)

Roman