[PD] [OT] Raspberry Pi Wolfson Audio Card

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:23:06 CET 2014

On 19/03/14 23:27, Winfried Ritsch wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 19. März 2014, 00:24:25 schrieb Simon Wise:
>>>
>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> Since autumn, i am trying to set up an kit hardware+software with BBB for
>>> computer-musicians as stomp box, works quite well, after successfully
>>> installed it in a long term sound installation (headless):
>>>
>>> some points short:
>>>
>>> system:
>>>    + BBB moved to Debian since this year (good)
>>
>> that is very good to hear!
>>
>> and the rest means they seem a good choice for embedded, the USB
>> implementation on the Pis really is a pain,and means you need to be
>> very selective about what you try to do.
>>
> it is also not very clean on others, but improved.
>
> I have never tested a Pi, which kernel version does you use, since there have
> been updates on USB since 3.12

a couple of projects last year used usb, but trying several different dongles
found ones that worked well enough, so we left it at that. My current project is
HDMI only (plus ethernet for setting up only), so I'm not so worried ... they
are not here at the moment so can't check, but notes suggest 3.13 probably, I've
not updated since last year. I'll upgrade tolatest raspbian when they are back.

Simon.