[PD] PD on Raspbian

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 06:47:00 CET 2014

On 19/03/14 23:29, Christian Fischer wrote:

> - When opening a new Pd window (ctrl+n), it pops up so high in the bottom
> left corner of the screen, that you can not see the menu anymore. Therefore
> the window is not moveable or usable. Used Pd already on various PCs and OS
> but this I have never experienced. What can be done?

As mentioned already openbox (the default desktop for the Pi) does the usual
thing and Alt-drag anywhere on the window should move it where you want.

If you are using linux (or Apple) I find connecting to the Pi with ethernet and:

   ssh -X pi at 192.168.1.20
replacing the IP with the actual one of course, it is usually announced on the
console at the end of the boot process, then set your laptop ethernet to a
compatible manual IP you are set to go.

is a very comfortable way to work, the pd windows are then on my laptop and the
Pi does not need to run a desktop at all.

  pcmanfm &

should get you a file browser window, so you can navigate and open things in the
familiar GUI way, if that is what you prefer.

Simon