[PD] Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 21:11:13 CET 2014

Super, it worked! Though, I tried to open the Test audio and midi patch and
the Pd window was gone. I stopped the session with ^C and started it again,
opened a new window and put an [osc~ 440] connected to [dac~], turned the
DSP on and nothing comes out of the headphones, plus I get this in the
terminal:

snd_pcm_open (input): No such file or directory
snd_pcm_open (output): Invalid argument
snd_pcm_open (input): No such file or directory
snd_pcm_open (output): Invalid argument

More help?