[PD] Compiling zexy in Udoo

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 24 11:13:29 CET 2014

On 2014-03-24 10:26, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig
> <zmoelnig at iem.at>wrote:

> an outdated zexy version that uses bashisms in it's scripts.
>
>> I got it from here <ftp://ftp.iem.at/pub/pd/Externals/ZEXY/> as
>> the link given
>> here<https://puredata.info/Members/zmoelnig/news/zexy/?searchterm=zexy>wasn't

responding. Is this outdated?

yes. very much.

(in the future it might be handy, if you mentioned the download
location in the initial report)

> either do: - get a recent  zexy (e.g. from svn)
>
>> from the terminal? Haven't done it ever, what should I type? I'm
>> on osx.

this depends on your svn installation.
sourceforge provides an easy way to download a current snapshot. e.g.
http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tarball?path=/trunk/externals/zexy

> or - (quick workaround): change the shebang in makesource.sh to
> read "#!/bin/bash"
>
>> This alone will solve it? I guess, since you're mentioning it..

most likely this alone will solve it, hence i mentioned it.
on the other side, the version of zexy you are referring to is almost
10 years old. there might be other bugs preventing compilation on
newer systems.

> you could also bugger the author of zexy to create a new release
> that has this problem fixed.
>
>> Aren't you the author?

in this case, you might bugger me to create a new release.
but first make sure, that the problem you are reporting still exists
with the newest release.

fgmadf
IOhannes