[PD] Pd-extended with Cubietruck (Cubieboard3)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Tue Mar 25 16:46:10 CET 2014

Thanks, Felix!

I just got the Cubietruck and was wondering if anybody had been successful
running Pd-extended on it so far. I guess the specific questions will arise
once I'm at the point where I'll try to install (or run) Pd.

Knowing that a certain OS would work better than others might have saved
some time ...

Since I had been running everything on Ubuntu so far I guess I'll go with
the provided image of Lubuntu 12.04 LTS at first and see what will happen.
If that will give me a hard time I'll try Cubian next.

I hope the Ubuntu version of Pd-extended will run on Lubuntu the same as on
Ubuntu. I don't know the exact differences between the two (except for the
different Desktop).

I guess I'll find out soon ...

Ingo

I'm playing around with a CubieTruck at the moment but haven't tried Pd yet.
Could you be more specific about what you would want to know? I would (try
to) install Pd-extended and answer your questions then (in the next couple
of days).

> Seems to be one of the more powerful arm boards around with some great
> features (see below).

Yes, it's way ahead of the raspi performance wise.

> If yes, what would be the best linux version for running it?

I'm running it on "Cubian" at the moment which is their Debian derivative.
Unfortunately it's running on a 3.4.75 kernel by default which is missing
lots of USB audio improvements. I haven't found the time yet to try
installing a more recent kernel.

Regards,

Felix