[PD] Alternatives to arraycopy

Johann Diedrick jdiedrick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:58:22 CEST 2014

Hi Pd list-

I have a question about the object arraycopy. It works great, but I'm
copying an array with 13230000 points (5 minutes of audio at 44,100 hz) and
it seems very slow. In particular, my patch seems to "lock" up for about
2-3 seconds when making the copy. The audio stops for those 2 seconds, and
the UI seems to lock up. While this isn't a huge game changer for my
purposes, I wish there was an alternative for this. Is there a better
solution for making a copy on the fly for an array this big that is faster,
doesn't lock up the patch or kill the audio for that time period? Maybe
there is a threaded solution?

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this!

Thanks so much,

-Johann