[PD] [qlist] and locality

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 22:14:52 CEST 2014

On Don, 2014-04-03 at 12:00 -0400, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> * when you run into nameclashes, you know your project has outgrown Pd
> and it's time to choose another language

That is a pretty bold statement. I never ever run into name clashes, no
matter how big the project was/is.

The no-name-clash dogma:

* Do not use global s/r-symbols (simple)

* Use global s/r-symbols for singletons (i.e. one server, many clients)

* Use global s/r-symbols in cases where the protocol is multinode-aware.
  (No matter how many instances of an abstraction using a global s/r-
  symbol are created, they will always be able to communicate with each
  other in the same way)

Roman