[PD] can [bp~] be obtained with biquad coefficients?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 01:45:43 CEST 2014

Hi there. I'm trying to find a way to plot the frequency response of [bp~].

I know of patches that can plot from biquad coefficients, so it'd be great
if I could get biquad coefficients from an input of frequency and Q.

I see [bp~] is a 2 pole filter. So does it mean I can achieve it by zeroing
out a bandpass filter made with [biquad~]? Cause I see people make bandpass
filters with 2poles in biquad, but the zeros are at -1 and 1. I tried zero
values of zero, but it didn't look to good to make me believe that's the
same as [bp~].

I know of miller's example H10.measurement.pd, and compared to it, didn't
seem to fit.

Anyway, I wanted something that would plot [bp~] right away, not like the
H10 example, which takes some time. But then, if we can't do it with biquad
coefficients, I would need some guidelines to do it some other how.

Thanks

Cheers

I know about filterview and patch