[PD] can [bp~] be obtained with biquad coefficients?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:48:18 CEST 2014

""last" and "prev" are the last two _output_ samples.
i don't know fexpr~ very well, but it looks like you try to access the last
_input_ samples."

In [fexpr~] you can access input samples with $x variables and output
samples with $y. So you're correct. I'm going for the input samples.

But I did it because I believe "last" and "prev" in this formula are in
fact about input samples. And I still do. The reason being that I checked
the code of other objects like [biquad~], and "last" and "prev" where names
used both for input and output operations, the difference being that the
math for the output operation was something like *out++ + coef1 * last +
coef2 * prev  instead of *in++ + coef1 * last + coef2 * prev (like bp~) .

So I feel pretty strong about getting this [fexpr~] right. Is there
anything I did not take into consideration?

One way or another, input or output samples, seems pretty clear to me you
could achieve [bp~] with [biquad~] coefficients. I think the tricky part
now is getting to the coefficients and gain values.

Cheers