[PD] keeping Pd DSP alive

Chris Clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 22:27:02 CEST 2014

Hi list

I'm wondering if there are any recommended ways to ensure DSP keeps running
for long periods like permanent installations.  I get 'audio I/O stuck'
popping up every few days, which is not bad, but ideally audio should stay
running indefinitely.

I can send a [metro 1000] to [;pd DSP 1( to keep audio going, but is there
any long term issue with doing that?  Will it reliably restart audio after
Pd closes it?

Also, the internal message [;pd audiostate( only returns data to the
console.  Perhaps there is a way to poll Pd for the internal DSP state and
restart it if it dies?

Thanks!