[PD] keeping Pd DSP alive

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 14 02:46:00 CEST 2014

Drat.

The mmap code only works for non-interleaved memory map interfaces.  The
only device I know of that works with the is the RME Hammerfall series.

I don't know if alsa supports any sort of mmap-ing for your hardware, but
if so (and I guess it would be interleaved in that case) it might be worth
hacking the mmap code to try that.  It sounds less likely to hang than the
read/write interface would be.

cheers
Miller