[PD] Video problems using GEM

Claire O'Connor oconnc26 at tcd.ie
Thu Apr 17 13:11:37 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am currently working on a project which uses films with GEM. However, the
films are very glitchy and play very slowly when they load up. I was
wondering if anyone knew anything about how to fix this problem?

The videos used were taken on a Canon Ixus 127 HS and last between 10 and
15 seconds. They are .MOV files and I even tried exporting them as smaller
files but it didn't change their glitchiness. Here is an example of the
file before and after the export with the original file being 80.8MB and
the exported file being 5.9MB. Even with a drastic change in size, the
difference in playback did not change much at all.

Any thoughts and ideas welcome. Thanks!