[PD] Distance Measures among Arrays and Lists

D G mami.music at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 00:12:25 CEST 2014

Hey William, David, Bryan
Thanks a lot for your fast responses. I know the [tabletool] from the tID
library and it works really fine.

I will check [listtool] and [ptrdiff_t]

I am very interested in any types of measures and objects avaliable.

But specifically I am interested the "swap distance" or the "edit distance"
[1]. I have been trying to implement my self the edit distance and have
managed to make a patch according to its Levenshtein implementation [2]
from wikipedia, trying to make it work with numbers instead of characters.
Although it is a simple algorithm, It is not trivial to implement in PD and
still have not managed to make it work properly.

If any one is interested I would appreciate any help. Even finding an
object that computes any of these distances; or better making the
abstraction work. I guess it could be a useful object for the community.

Thanks again

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edit_distance
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance