[PD] How to read I2C sensors?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 27 22:24:37 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-27 13:52, Ingo wrote:
> Thanks!
> Could be a possibility but I was hoping for an object that would be able to
> read I2C directly without adding an arduino since most smaller arm boards do
> have some I2C pins onboard.

If the machine Pd is running on has an I2C port and is running linux
then you can use spidev to access it. Otherwise you need to use a serial
connection to an off-board microcontroller like the arduino or teensy or
FRDM-KL25Z to relay messages between the I2C and USB serial connections.
A lot of motherboards have I2C but it's mainly used for the temperature
sensors and you don't get access via any header.