[PD] Music notation in pure data

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 00:54:08 CEST 2014

On 04/29/2014 05:28 PM, Jaime E Oliver wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> This is excellent work!
>
> I wonder in what direction are you taking this…

As far as notation inside Pd patches-- just the demo.  But I do remember
Ed saying he'd initially investigated using data structures for his
project.  If someone wants to build some higher level tools utilizing
these new features of data structure, I'm happy to fix bugs and make any
improvements that would be necessary.

But higher level tools are tricky-- their design depends on what you
want to do with the notation.

As far as the data structures, in the next release I think I'll have the
basic API the way I want it.  At some point I'd like to investigate
drawing xlets on scalars that forward messages to the parent [struct]--
that would hide the complexity of [pointer] and friends in most cases.

Finally, I'd like to find a straightforward way to load canvases with
[struct] definitions as libraries.  At that point people will be able to
build GUI objects directly in Pd.

-Jonathan