[PD] comparing symbols in external

Jaime E Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 09:22:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to compare two symbols, one incoming in a list into an external and the other one stored internally in the external.

It compiles fine, but I don't get a match.

c code is below. Ideas on what I'm missing?

void testtext_input(t_testtext *x, t_symbol *selector, int argcount, t_atom *argvec) {
	int i;
	const t_symbol *storedsymbol = gensym("mysymbol");
    for (i = 0; i < argcount; i++) {
    	if (argvec[i].a_type == A_SYMBOL) {
	    	if ( argvec[i].a_w.w_symbol->s_name == storedsymbol)	post("found match!");
	}
}