[PD] convolution using pd-vanilla

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Mon May 5 21:41:19 CEST 2014

Brute force time domain convolution for small kernel can be done with
[fexpr~]. For zero phase filter kernels, fast convolution in Pd is
relatively simple. Multiply real and imaginary part of the signal's
spectrum with the filter's spectrum while using four times overlap and
Hann windowing before FFT and after IFFT, and normalize. Pd's FFT
routines assume x[0] at the start of the filter kernel, not at the
center, so you have to rotate your zero phase filter kernel before
taking it's Fourier Transform.

Katja