[PD] more sprites!

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 06:21:59 CEST 2014

Hi list,
    Here's another data structure sprite example:
http://www.jonathanwilkes.net/sprite.webm

I changed the object name and interface a little bit-- now sprites can have affine transformations.  It's neat to use the "transform" method to see how few objects it takes to animate the sprite across the screen.

Under the hood, the transform method should also be more efficient-- instead of vis'ing and unvis'ing the scalar, it just sends updated attribute to the image.

Does anyone know if there's a standard sprite sheet format?  Some sprite sheets divide up the sections into perfectly equal parts-- others look like they just spread them out arbitrarily through a png or gif.  Atm I just take a directory as an arg and slurp up an image sequence.  (And use imagemagick to split up the sprite sheet.)

Best,
Jonathan