[PD] Fwd: Re: [expr] external crashing pd

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 23:44:38 CEST 2014

http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/522/

>   That's generally considered the right thing to do when building upon a
> project.  Don't take my word for it, there are many sources that go in depth
> on the topic all over the internet.

It's also considered good practice to look at the patches on the tracker
and make a decision after 3 years whether or not to accept a patch:

http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/patches/369/

If you don't get a response from the developer of the project that's
upstream from you, there's a multi-line text box on that page where you
can write a response to _your_ users about why the patch was or wasn't
accepted.  You can click the "Preview" button to make sure your response
looks the way you want.  Then click the "Post" button to make your
response viewable by the public.

-Jonathan