[PD] External with separate thread. Do I need to lock?

Rafael Vega email.rafa at gmail.com
Wed May 21 18:01:33 CEST 2014

Hi.

I'm developing an external that starts a separate pthread to poll some
hardware inputs. When the outputs change, I need to send a message like [34
56( to one of two outlets in the external from my thread.

Do I need to use my own mutex? or the sys_lock(), sys_unlock() calls around
the outlet_whatever() calls? or nothing at all, just call outlet_whatever()?

Anyone cares to give a two line explanation of the logic around this?

Thanks!

--
Rafael Vega
email.rafa at gmail.com