[PD] Screen tear/flicker when going full screen

Antonio Roberts antonio at hellocatfood.com
Mon May 26 13:56:43 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm running Pd Extended 0.43.4 on Ubuntu 14.04. I've got a Dell XPS13
with Intel Ivybridge Mobile i7 graphics and I'm getting lots of screen
tear/flicker when I go full screen with an external monitor attached.
It doesn't matter if I'm full screen on the external or primary
monitor, I still get lots of flicker.

Attached is an example patch that causes this problem (contains
flashing colours)

I've noticed that if I don't go full screen (deleting border 0) then
the flicker stops, but I then have the window borders and menu bar
being displayed.

Is this a problem with GEM?

--
antonio at hellocatfood.com