[PD] [PD-announce] yahoo rejecting pd-posts

IEM - network operating center (IOhannes m zmoelnig) noc at iem.at
Tue May 27 14:57:54 CEST 2014

dear Pd junkies,

recently, yahoo (and later aol) has implemented a strict
spam-preventing scheme, that basically prevents mailinglists like
yours truly from doing their work [1].
this scheme basically disallows re-distribution of emails from people
with yahoo-accounts.

you (esp. if you are using yahoo yourself, but gmail users might be
affected as well) might have noticed, that some mailing-list posts
have gone missing (esp. when originating from other yahoo users).
a possibly missing email can be found at [2].

this is *not* a hostile attempt from our side (your faithful iem-team)
to censor the mailinglist(s).

we are currently investigating ways to mitigate the problem [3], but
haven't found an acceptable /and/ working technical solution yet.

if possible, we would like to suggest all posters using
yahoo-addresses, to consider switching to another (free)mail-provider
- - if only for the purpose of posting emails to innocent mailinglists.

if we do not find a solution fast, we might be forced to *temporarily*
disable posting from yahoo-addresses (but will try avoid this step as
long as possible, and if forced to use it keep it as short as possible).

yours,

fgasmdr
IOhannes

[1]