[PD] outputting arbitrary size list

Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Fri Jun 6 21:53:28 CEST 2014

Martin,
Thanks for the link.  It looks like you are setting a default size which can be overridden by an argument from the user.  But for what I want, the user needs to be shielded completely from that implementation detail.

For example, let's say I make a method where the user queries the objects contained within a bounding box (though I haven't implemented it yet):

[selection 0 0 500 500(

[canvasinfo]

[print]  <-arbitrary length list of object indices for objects contained within the bbox (0 0 500 500)

I don't know ahead of time how many objects may be in the canvas, so I have no way to judge what the size of the list should be.  I could just set a default size of 500 or 1000 and reallocate as necessary, but that gets kind of ugly.

-Jonathan