[PD] Force OSS MIDI on Raspberry Pi

Antoine Villeret via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Mon Jun 9 20:59:39 CEST 2014

you can try the [mediasettings] lib from iem which allow you to choose midi
driver from patch

or you can also directly send message to pd to setup midi port
use :
[receive pd]

[print pd]
while changing midi settings to monitor what messages you should sent to
select OSS MIDI

remember [loadbang] could happen *before* midi and audio settings when pd
is launched with -nogui option
so if you use a loadbang to change midi settings, you should also have a
[delay] just before choosing midi settings to let pd load the driver

moreover, concerning Raspbian, Pd and MIDI, I made a little patch that
plugs all ALSA MIDI input device to all output devices (avoiding feedback
loop)
it's here :
https://github.com/avilleret/krapps_remote/blob/master/krapps_remote.pd
It's alsa but it's works on Raspbian (but not tested with NanoKontrol)
the patch also maps each keyboard key to a MIDI message

+

do it yourself
http://antoine.villeret.free.fr