[PD] Raspberry Pi auto startup (no login)

Simon Wise via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Mon Jun 16 05:23:05 CEST 2014

On 16/06/14 08:39, Brian Fay via Pd-list wrote:
> Personally, I've gotten better performance with Satellite CCRMA (lower
> latency, fewer dropouts and crashes), but if you are already up and running
> with Raspbian, there's no harm in trying that out first!
>
> If you are using pd, you probably need to start dsp manually within the
> patch after a short delay.  [loadbang] ->  [del 100] ->  [;pd dsp 1(
>
> I'm not sure why, but it seems like you need to do that to get audio to
> start without the GUI.

yes, that delay is required due to timing of the loadbang ... raspbian is also
quite nice (they are not powerful devices so the less you are running the better
and very little is started by default in raspbian) ... certainly no need for a
GUI desktop in many cases (omxplayer will play video and audio files without X,
but is fairly rudimentary with simple controls via a pipe or dbus only).
Raspbian also uses /etc/rc.local as its startup script, and does not start the
desktop GUI by default but has ssh running ready to login remotely.

Simon