[PD] Linux audio dropouts when moving mouse over patch (was: Pd hangs after installing Digidesign sound card's driver)

Federico Galland via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Tue Jun 17 12:32:05 CEST 2014

> If I could figure out how to get pd -extended and pd vanilla how to not
> have audio dropouts when i move the mouse or trackpad i might be able to
> make some travel money by playing some shows. Toshiba Sattelite L355-S7902
> dual Intel Pentium at 2. somethin another GHz, 4Gb ram. I should be able to
> move 10 mice without an audio dropout on ubuntu studio 13.8 64 bit please
> help!

I have the same problem on my Archlinux x86_64 install, running vanilla and extended with jackd. The same thing happens on my debian install on the same laptop (Core2 T6400, 2GHz, 2MB L2 cache, 4GB RAM).
I don't live patch (yet), and found out that if you exit edit mode it works a little better (there's still the ocassional dropout).

It would be nice to have a clue on how to avoid this anyway.

Thanks to all,

Fede