[PD] weird issue setting up 9 channels out on MOTU ultralite mk3 on windows 7

enrike via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Fri Jun 27 15:05:51 CEST 2014

hi

Using Audition we can play the multichannel system with no problems. But
when we go to PD but we get some weird issues. we tried two different
machines and we got the same results.

We tried to setup PD audio settings in different ways.

- Output device: MOTU Main Out 1 2. Number of channels: 9
Channels 1,2,3,7 and 8 work. Others are silent

- Output device: MOTU Analog Out 1 2. Number of channels: 9
Channels 1,2,3,4 work. Others are silent

Other combinations give similar results. Typically 4 to 5 channels work
but not all

However at some point this setting worked fine
- Output device: MOTU Analog Out 1 2. Number of channels: 2
but then stopped working mysteriously next morning ... Today this only
gave sound on channels 1 and 2.

anyone had similar problems? any ideas?

thanks!

OS: windows 7 and windows XP
sound card: MOTU ultralite mk3, we tried two different drivers (the
latest universal drivers and the drivers that came with the sound card)
PD: latest extended portable version for windows

enrike