[PD] Timer / metro / realtime

jma@jeanmarie-adrien.net via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Sat Jun 28 15:42:23 CEST 2014

Hi List
I have to solve the right way now clock drifts that result from the load of the CPU, because on my recent patches the CPU load varies dynamically enormously, resulting in time measurements totally wrong :

with a very high CPU load the metro 1000 object gives outputs twice too slow, and when bypassing some part of the patch dynamically, reducing the load drastically, the metro runs faster than twice to fast !
why does not pd come back to a reasonable time behavior when reducing the CPU load ? it seems that pd stays crazy because of former stress…
what is the correct way ?
- make a customized metro with the realtime object ?
- take CPU load in real time to scale logical time measurements accordingly across the patches ?

JmA