[PD] canvas_makefilename() returns error

Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Mon Jun 30 03:00:55 CEST 2014

Well, it expects a t_canvas *, so if you send it something else it will trigger the error.

-Jonathan

On Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:47 PM, Jaime E Oliver via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to use the canvas_makefilename() function in g_canvas.c

I am calling it like this:

static void lilypond_write(t_lilypond *x, t_symbol *s) {
    char buf[MAXPDSTRING];
    canvas_makefilename(x->x_canvas, s->s_name, buf, MAXPDSTRING);
}

but when I send the object a message such as [write test.txt( or similar, I get:

error: consistency check failed: canvas_getenv
Bus error: 10

The method is set up like this:
    class_addmethod(lilypond_class, (t_method)lilypond_write, gensym("write"), A_SYMBOL, 0);

Anybody has any suggestion?

best,

PS Sorry for pestering everyone with this, but there is little documentation on some of the functions in Pd. Perhaps this thread belong in the Pd-Dev list?