[PD] Pd External: create multiple passive bang inlets

Robert Esler via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jul 3 00:53:55 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,
    My intention is to have an external with an active inlet that accepts a
bang and at least one passive inlet that also accepts a bang.  The active
inlet works fine.  However, I don't see an equivalent function call for
passive bang inlets similar to creating a passive float inlet, e.g
floatinlet_new(t_object *owner, t_float *fp);
 I have tried using symbolinlet_new(Š) but cannot seem to get it to
recognize a bang without an error, inlet: expected 'symbol' but got 'bang'.
I have also tried the inlet_new(Š) but do not get the desired results.
 I'm stuck.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Thanks for the time.
Rob Esler