[PD] installing latest pd vanilla on RPI

Alexandre Torres Porres via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jul 3 06:24:55 CEST 2014

Hi there, I was treating this in a different mail thread, sorry, but let me
go ahead and start this one.

questions

1- Why can't I get vanilla 0.45 from "apt-get"? I get 0.43 :P
2- I downloaded from miller's site and have 0.45 extracting and alive, I'm
running it from a folder at pi/home, but how do I put it in the menu bar?
Really linux noobs here...
3- Pd 0.45 is complaining about "ALSA input_error (snd_pcm_open): no such
file & directory, but it still works making noise and all. What does it
mean, how do I fix it?

Thanks