[PD] installing latest pd vanilla on RPI

IOhannes m zmölnig via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Thu Jul 3 09:27:05 CEST 2014

On 07/03/2014 06:24 AM, Alexandre Torres Porres via Pd-list wrote:
> Hi there, I was treating this in a different mail thread, sorry, but let me
> go ahead and start this one.
>
> questions
>
> 1- Why can't I get vanilla 0.45 from "apt-get"? I get 0.43 :P

as said before: because you are using an outdated (even if it's the
official one) raspbian, based on Debian/wheezy.

in addition to what i said before, i just noted, that there is also a
raspbian version available, that is based on Debian/jessie, and this
version will include Pd-0.45.5¹

if there are no images available for raspbian/jessie, you could try
upgrading your current image by doing the following (as root):
1. in /etc/apt/sources.list (and probably /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*)
replace all occurences of "wheezy" with "jessie"
2. run "aptitude update"
3. run "aptitude full-upgrade"

this is utterly untested, but the standard procedure to upgrade a Debian
based system.

mgfasr
IOhannes

¹ http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/puredata/