[PD] constantq~ - Thomas Grill

Dan Wilcox via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Sat Jul 5 18:14:28 CEST 2014

To save time and further headache, the brew command would be:

    brew install fftw --enable-sse2 --universal

This will give you fftw compiled as a fat 32 & 64 bit library.

I just tried it and double checked with lipo:

    $ lipo -info /usr/local/Cellar/fftw/3.3.4/lib/libfftw3.3.dylib
    Architectures in the fat file: /usr/local/Cellar/fftw/3.3.4/lib/libfftw3.3.dylib are: i386 x86_64

For future reference, the --universal brew command works with almost all formulas.

On Jul 5, 2014, at 9:09 AM, via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> From: Rafael Vega via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] constantq~ - Thomas Grill
> Date: July 5, 2014 at 9:08:27 AM EDT
> To: Federico Llach <federicollach at gmail.com>
> Cc: pd-list at lists.iem.at, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org>
>

> I guess homebrew installed a 64 bit version of the library, not a "universal" or "fat" binary that contains both 32 and 64 builds. Is the external compiled for 32 or 64? if 64, you could use pd-extended 64 and give that a try.
>

> On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Federico Llach <federicollach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, that was a step forward—thanks Rafael! Now I do have a libfftw3f.3.dylib file in /usr/local/lib, which is a link file to /usr/local/Cellar/fftw/3.3.4/lib (this seems to be the way Homebrew deals with the installations).
>
> However, when I try to create the constantq~ object in Pd-extended I receive:
>
> /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/constantq~/constantq~.pd_darwin: dlopen(/Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/constantq~/constantq~.pd_darwin, 10): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libfftw3f.3.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Applications/Pd-extended.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/constantq~/constantq~.pd_darwin
>   Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
> 	/usr/local/lib/libfftw3f.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
> 	/usr/local/lib/libfftw3f.3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>
> I am reading as much as I can understand and—although I don't know much about this—my current thought is that I am in a 32/64 bit dilemma here (?). My processor is Intel Core i7, so according to Apple that is 64 bit. Related: since Thomas suggested I should do "single precision" installation, I used "brew install fftw --enable-sse2" which I thought enables single precision according to https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/fftw.rb . When that didn't work I uninstalled and just used "brew install fftw", with same results. Terminal session of this attached.

> Any thoughts?

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika