[PD] pdlua

Martin Peach via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Sun Jul 6 16:09:23 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-05 15:39, patrice colet via Pd-list wrote:
> hello,
>
> glad to know it's maintained! I thought it was deprecated since the link
> is obsolete, also I've seen a fork using a build system that seem up to
> date,
> but I'm not sure how to get it...
>
> Is it possible to have a build system that uses libtool like in external
> template?

It's designed to be built along with all the externals in pd-extended,
it uses the main makefile in externals. I find libtoool not very
helpful, there is nothing special here except the name of the lua
library you want to use. The makefile in src calls for liblua (-llua)
so you should set your system to point to the version of lua you want.

> I'm asking this because I need to modify Makefile for successing
> compilation, I'm using lua5.2 and need to put 5.2 at some good places,
> or doing some symlinks,
> also the README file seems to be a very old one...
> I've tried yesterday to compile, it has worked, and today it doesn't, I
> don't why...(see below)

I changed it (according to svn commit 17235) on 2014-01-06 to compile
for 5.2. So maybe you still don't have this version.

> Le 05/07/2014 16:28, Martin Peach a écrit :
>>
>> On 2014-07-05 10:01, Martin Peach via Pd-list wrote:
>>> I am the maintainer of the second link,
>>> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/loaders/pdlua/
>>>

>> Sorry, the link is now this:
>> http://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/loaders/pdlua/

That works for me in a web browser. It's the main repository for
pd-extended stuff.

> this link doesn't work on me, svn tells to use this following one when I
> try the old one I've posted:
>
> http://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/externals/loaders/pdlua

That looks like the right one.

> this download some sources but i'm not sure at all now if it's the good
> ones,
> the compiled result doesn't work, it says on pd console when I open
> hello-help.pd:
>
> pdlua: already loaded
> pdlua: already loaded

Something's wrong there. I don't know what, did it compile without errors?

Martin