[PD] constantq~ - Thomas Grill

Thomas Grill via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Fri Jul 11 12:46:55 CEST 2014

Hi Frederico,

> I think I have all the other necessary requirements (Python and Numpy) but I am not sure:
> - what version of the file I should download from http://grrrr.org/data/dev/ext/macos/pd/ . I am running on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

start the terminal program and run the following commands:
- "python —version“ - this will give you the version of your Python installation
- „which python“ will give you the location of your python installation

The major Python version is important: 2.5, 2.6. oder 2.7
and whether it is a system package (sitting in /usr/bin) or a user installed „local“ version (sitting in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework)

That’s how you pick the py.pd_darwin-*.zip package. Unzip it and put it into pd’s extra folder.

> - where to locate the "binaries to load" in Pd-extended. I can only add paths or "startup flags" but that hasn't worked—maybe I have the wrong file? I include a screenshot of how my menu looks.

You’ll have to go to File/setup/startup flags and there add „-lib py"

good luck,
gr~~~