[PD] Patching Circle Thursday July 31!

sonia yuditskaya via Pd-list pd-list at lists.iem.at
Tue Jul 15 20:24:44 CEST 2014

*Patching Circle--now with streaming!*

*Thursday, July 31*
*6:30pm*
*Room 50*

This month's Patching Circle will feature Tommy Martinez who will
demonstrate his MSP audio setup involving granular synthesis, convolution
reverb and foot controllers as well as discussing live instrument
processing and laptop embodiment. Also featured will be Robert Ramirez who
will take us through the patcher internals and techniques he uses in Jitter
to create video puppets for live performance and installation.

Rob is an artist, DJ, and programmer, employed by Cycling '74 as a Jitter
engineer. You can see Rob's work here: vimeo.com/user679058

Tommy Martinez is NYC based guitarist, artist, and programmer from Los
Angeles, CA. You can see Tommy's work here: thomasjohnmartinez.com

For those of you who can not attend the Patching Circle, we will be
experimenting with streaming, you will be able to watch the stream and chat
(through Facebook so remember to set the posting to "only me") here:
thedepartmentofpublicworks.com

The New York City Patching Circle is an free alternating monthly meeting
and salon open to anyone who is working or interested in media
programming and audiovisual performance. We mostly use Pd and Max/MSP, but
all are welcome.

Beginners and Experienced welcome. Open to everyone, students, the
public, unicorns.  Work on personal projects, professional projects, school
projects, ask for help, help others, or just patch quietly to yourself in a
room full of other people patching patches and helping other people patch.

Each month there will be informal salon, featuring demonstrations of
projects, performances and systems in the process of being built.  The
format will include short performances, artist talks about process and
performance techniques and Q&A depending on time availability.  The
salon is openly curated with the intent of being as inclusive as possible
and participation is open all practitioners working in realtime media.

Sofy Yuditskaya+Matt Romein